Saturday, February 2, 2008

Crochet

I have been so addicted lately to crocheting. I was taught by my mom when I was a young child. And I hold this talent special because it was taught to me by her and she was taught by my grandma on my dad's side. This is a family talent that has been passed down from generations. I have been lately working on Granny Squares for a swap on one of my favorite group websites. The website is Cafemom.com

I have made many baby blankets for my own sons and for my family and friends. I enjoy being able to see the reactions of thier faces when they find out that I made it special for them.




I have lately made sweaters for both of my boys. Trent loves wearing his. It makes me so happy that my kids enjoy what I make for them.

I have also made purses and am currently making me a sweater for me too.



Crocheting helps me relax and feel closer to my mom.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Beautiful! I love the blue blanket with the little dot balls! You are amazing. I tried one blanket and gave up. Have you tried selling them on www.etsy.com? You would love that site. It's homemade ebay!

Gramma Stewie said...

I love it that this has been passed down from generation to genration! And your last comment, "I love it because it makes me feel closer to my mom" touched my heart...that is neat! I wonder if one of your boys will take on the tradition? There are pro-football players who do needlepoint to relax...well, I guess that is rare, but who knows?

Tricia said...

Ok, I may have gotten you a client. Go on my blog to Yeates Family and check out the pictures of the little girl with the hat on. Lanae wants to know how much you could charge to make a headband type thing like that instead of a hat? I think that would be so cute! I bet so many people would love those!