Sunday, March 30, 2008

Me at Work

Well Eric thought it would be fun to take pictures of me while I was doing Crossing Guard. He did this with out me knowing because I really don't like to have my picture taken. But here they are. I am currently a School Crossing Guard for LVMPD at my kids school here in Vegas.


Jake will leave for school right after we usually get up to the corner that I work at. And then one of Trent's little friends from Kindergarten will come and get him to walk with them and their parents.



I do crossing guard in the morning from 8:40 to 9:10 and then I go back when school is out and do it from 3:20 to 3:45. I really enjoy doing it and feel great when the kids and parent's actually thank us for being up there to help them cross the street safely.


I am not sure though at actually how long I will be doing this. I am currently applying to be a Substitute Teacher here in Clark County. And I am also going to school to get my Master's in Elementary Education. So come next year by Sept. I will be doing my student teaching. I am currently studying to be able to take my Praxis I test.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm so glad Eric took these pictures! They are so fun. It's been a great job but you'll love being the teacher waving and driving by before you know it!

Craig said...

Brandi,

These pictures are a part of your history. I think you look cute. How wonderful for you to be doing the things you are, to become a teacher. Your Mom would be proud! Good luck and hang in there when times get 'crazy busy' for you.

Gramma Stewie said...

Brandi,

These pictures are a part of your history. I think you look cute. How wonderful for you to be doing the things you are, to become a teacher. Your Mom would be proud! Good luck and hang in there when times get 'crazy busy' for you.

Gramma Stewie said...

FYI - I am on my son-in-laws laptop and when I went to make a comment, I didn't realize I was commenting as my son-in-law (Craig). Sorry, comment number two is really from me (Claudia Stewart), and I tried to fix it, but was not able to. So I did copy it and make it from ME. Sorry....