Thursday, October 9, 2008

11 Years of Wedded Bliss



This has been an up and coming post. Eric and I have been married for 11 years back on Sept 26th. I can't believe that it has been that long ago already. But to tell you alittle bit about how we started. We actually met on AOL Im. Eric found me in the profile section and instant messaged me to see if I was someone else I answered back no and from there we just started talking back and forth on instant messaging. We would email each other on a daily basis. After getting to know each other alittle bit more we moved on to talking to each other on the phone for hours on in. Eric decided for his Spring Break from College that he would come up and met me. We had not met yet because Eric lived in Ventura, CA and I lived in Fresno, CA which is about 4 hours apart. But he rented a car and drove up to Fresno and met me and we haven't been apart since. We finally met each other in March of 97, by May of 97 we were engaged and by Sept of 97 we were married in the Los Angeles Temple. It was such a special day. I got my endowments taken out on that same day and having my mom, my grandparents and my Aunt Laurie and Uncle Mike there for it was such an experience. Eric told me that his heart dropped into his stomach when he finally saw me in my wedding dress. We had a Ring Ceremony at the Ventura Stake Center that night for those that were not able to attend the sealing at the temple. And a special treat that I got was that my Big Brother Rick sang our first dance song. Which was Me and You by Kenny Chesney. Eric's brother Chris played the guitar and Doug McCoullough played the piano. It was great and is a great memory that we have.


For our honeymoon we spent 5 days at Disneyland. On the 5th day we also went to Universal Studios. It was fun and was great being able to just spend time with each other as husband and wife.


And now today we have 2 great sons who keep us on our toes.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Where did those 11 years go! Happy Anniversary.

LehiLeavitts said...

Happy Anniversary! I haven't had time for blogging lately, so it was fun to go through and read all your other blogs too. I can't believe how big Jake is getting. Looks like you've been busy with a lot of crochet/knitting projects. One of these days I'll learn how to do that! We hope all is well with you guys!