Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

This year we had a small Christmas at home with just our family. Since we traveled for Thanksgiving it was nice just to be here with the family. We had a great suprise the week before Christmas and had company come into town. Eric's brother Tim(TJ)'s wife Mary, daughter Lizzie and mother-in-law came into town to try and avoid the snow on their trip home from Texas and instead they it the snow here in Vegas and wasn't able to drive through it. Also Mary's mom got sick and they ended up staying until Sunday.


Also on Saturday Eric's, Aunt Debbie and Uncle Bob came through town on their way to Arizona for Christmas. We got together and had dinner with them at the South Point Buffet. It was nice seeing them again. We hadn't seen them since my dad had passed away in 2002 and we had gone up to Washington for his memorial. They hadn't seen my boys since Jake was 2 and Trent was only 6 months old. And they had never met Lizzie before. It was a great visit. We stayed at the buffet for 2 hours.

Well Christmas day was just small. But we actually like that.

This is the second Christmas that we have had since my mom has passed away and it is really different without her around to help me get my house all decorated for Christmas. And then with the snow we really weren't able to get into our garage to get the house all decorated up the way that we want it each year. But we did finally get one of our tree's up on Christmas eve and get some decorations on it in time to celebrate Christmas. We took around some bags of goodies to our friends in the ward. We had alot of fun doing that.The boys didn't believe us when we told them that if they weren't good through out the year that all they would get from Santa this year was buckets of coal. Well they each got buckets of coal. One small stocking with a Toontown card in it and a little lego. But I don't think that they really minded that they got a bucket of coal from Santa. They did get other gifts from mommy and daddy and they enjoyed those.

We got Bruce, Eric's dad, some sweats for USC and a digital photo frame that he has been asking for lately. Eric just asked to get his car fixed so that he can drive it again. I got a new camera that I can keep in my purse to be able to take pictures of cute when it happens. I also got a ihome for my ipod to be able to listen to it in my room.


On Friday we took the boys ice skating for the first time. They enjoyed it. We didn't last long at the rink though. My feet really started hurting and the boys I think got bored with it. I really am the only that can ice skate to be able to help the boys but we got them out there and they started to have fun.

It took me to coax them onto the ice by helping each of them by themsleves.

We were able to find these metal walkers that helped the boys skate on their own.

I think that they did very well for the fact that it was their first time being on skates.

In fact on Saturday Trent actually asked if he could go ice skating again. So to me I think that means he had fun.

1 comment:

Taylor's said...

Brandi, So good to hear from you. I miss the old times that everyone gathered at Grandma Boswells house. I can't believe all of the people who have left us in the years since I saw you last. I miss them alot. The last time I saw you was for Trudy's funeral soon after was Grandma Boswells, then we have lost a few more good ones since then.