Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Second Trip to San Diego

We went back to San Diego fro another week with Eric on a training trip. It was a great little family trip. Wish that we could go with him on all of his training trips. But with the boys going to school and me substitute teaching it is hard to do that. We miss him when he is gone.
We took the boys to see the USS Midway aircraft carrier. We took a great tour of the ship.

Jake is really big into the military. So we thought that this would be a great experience for him. It was a great oppurtunity to help the boys understand what their Great Grandpa Bronley did and what their Grandpa Boswell did in the wars.

It was a great experience to see what the sailors had to live with while at sea on this ship and any of the other ships.

Even Eric enjoyed going and seeing the USS Midway. He wanted to be a helicopter pilot when he was little.

We also had the chance to eat at some of the resturants that are featured on the TV show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network. The first place we ate at was a place called Pizzeria Luigi. The Second was Crazee Burger where Eric had his first Kangaroo Burger. Yes you read that right.

The last place that we went was Studio Diner. The food there was excellent.

I had East Coast style Fish and Chips. It was huge.

We are now back in Vegas getting the boys ready to go back to school.

2 comments:

Taylor's said...

Wow! Brandi those blankets are gorgeous. Grandma Boswell would be proud!

Vegas Bronley's said...

Grandma Boswell taught my mom how to crochet and she in turned taught me. So it was passed down to me and I enjoy that fact. It helps me be close to Grandma Boswell and my mom at the same time. I miss them both.