Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Crocheted Baby Kimono

I actually made this one for my little niece. I enjoyed making it and then seeing her actually in it.

Crochted Baby Kimono (size 24 months)


Hook size: h


Yarn: TLC (neapolitan)


Back:

Ch 48

Row 1: Sc in 2nd chain from hook and in each ch across. (47 sc)

Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across

Repeat row 2 until piece measures 10" from beg. Fasten Off

(12" x 10")


Left Front:

Ch 40

Row 1: (RS), Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (39 sc)

Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across.

Repeat row 2 until piece measures 4 1/2" from beg, end with a wrong side row.

(9 1/4" x 4 1/2")


Shape Neck:

Row 1: (RS), Ch 1, turn, sc in each sc to last 3 sc, sc 3 tog. (37 sc)

Row 2: Ch 1, turn sc in each st across.

Rows 3 - 26: Rep last 2 rows 12 times.

Row 27: Ch 1, turn, sc to last 2 sc, sc 2 tog. (12 sc)

Row 28: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across.

Repeat last row until left front measures 10" from beg. Fasten Off

(9 1/4" x 10")


Right Front:

Work as for left front, reversing shaping by ending with a RS row before starting next shaping on WS row.

(9 1/4" x 10")


Left Sleeve:

Ch 34

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (33 sc)

Rows 2 - 5: Ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across.

Row 6: Ch 1, turn, 2 sc in first sc, sc in each sc across to last sc, 2 sc in last sc, (35 sc)

Row 7 - 26: Repeat rows 2 - 6, 4 times. (43 sc)

Rep Row 2 until sleeve measures 7" from reg. Fasten off.

(7" x 7" x 8")


Right Sleeve:

Work same as left sleeve.

(7" x 7" x 8")


Left Front tie:

From RS, insert hook into row below first sc 3 tog on left front and pull up a loop. Make a ch 30" long.

Next Row: Sl st in each ch to end. Fasten Off.

(30" Long)


Right Front tie:

From RS, insert hook into row below first sc 3 tog on right front and pull up a loop. Make a ch 13 1/4" long.

Next Row: Sl st in each ch to end, Fasten off.

(13 1/4" long)


Finishing:

Sew shoulder seams. Place markers 4" from each shoulder seam. Sew sleeves between markers. Swe sleeve seams. Sew right side seam leaving 1/2" open, 1" below sleeve for left front tie. Swe left side seam. Weave in ends. Insert left front tie through WS of right side opening and around back; tie into bow with Right Front tie.


My pattern is adapted from Lion Brand Co.

5 comments:

KB said...

So adorable! I see that and wish I crochet instead of knit! :-)

Tricia said...

Oh my that is too cute! You need to sell them on etsy.com Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Crocheting is so much fun! I've never made any clothes before. The only patterns I've created are amigurumi food and animals. My biggest problem is not writing them down so I can recreate them when I want ;D

Charlie said...

I LOVE THIS! I found your blog through looking up kimono instructions. Do you have a pattern that I could use for a 4 year old? I'm not good at sizing up or down. Do I double the chains from 48 to 96 and double everything else? Any help is appreciated...

Anonymous said...

Can you write out the directions on reversing for the right front? I can't seem to get it right. Thanks