Sunday, September 21, 2008

Crocheted Peachy Queen Baby Blanket

I have had a couple of people that have asked me where I got a pattern for one of the blankets that I crocheted. I made up the pattern myself so I thought I would post it here for others to be able to use and enjoy. Here is the picture of the blanket.


The pattern,


Yarn Needed: Caron Simply Soft, 4 ply, Lt. Country Peach


Hook Size: H (5.00 mm)


Pattern Stiches used:


Slant Stitch: Skip next sc, dc in next 3 sc, YO, insert hook in skipped sc and pull up a loop even with hook, YO and draw through 2 loops on hook. (twice) You just made the slant stitch.


Cross Stitch: Skip next st, dc in next st, working around dc just made, dc in skipped st. You just made the cross stitch.


Blanket Body:


CH. 125 loosely


Row 1: Sc in second ch from hook and in each ch across. (124 sc)


Row 2:(Right Side): Ch 3 (counts as first dc), turn; dc in next sc, *[skip next sc, dc in next 3 sc, YO, insert hook in skipped hook, (YO and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice](slant st made); repeat from * across to last 2 sc, dc in last 2 sc's. (30 Slant Sts)


Row 3: Ch 1, turn; sc in each st across. (124 sc)


Row 4: Ch 3, turn; * skip next st, dc in next st, working around dc just made, dc in skipped st; repeat from * across to last st, dc in last st. (61 Cross sts)


Row 5: Ch 1, turn; sc in each st across. (124 sc)


Repeat Rows 2 - 5 until you reach 43" long.


End with Row 5. Finish off.

The edging you can be anything you want. I used the backwards sc.

Weave in ends.

Abrevations used"

DC: Double Crochet

SC: Single Crochet

Sts: Stitches

Ch: Chain

YO: Yarn Over


Here is a close up of the stictches.


1 comment:

Tricia said...

That's as good as Spanish for me!! All I know is it looks beautiful! Maybe I should have another baby so I get another precious blanket. :) You are so talented.